HOW MAP CAN HELP
The Manufacturing Alliance of Philadelphia is a 501 (c)(6) trade association and is a?not for profit corporation.
What is MAP?
The Manufacturing Alliance of Philadelphia is a regional trade organization created to give voice to the owners and employees of this important economic sector. The Alliance addresses issues of policy, economic development, job training and other topics relevant to the growth and economic well being of the industry. Its members are manufacturing and allied industry groups from within the region who work in collaboration with government and other agencies to resolve challenges that might harm the sector.
The manufacturing companies within the Philadelphia region have lacked one important ingredient vital to their growth and survival – cohesiveness. Without this force, they are not buying or selling from one other, they are not being recognized by government and they are not able to take advantage of resources that could help their companies grow. MAP was created to unify manufacturing.
The Region’s One Stop Resource for Manufacturers
What Your Association Can Do For You
… a? list of how MAP can help.
New equipment, new product ideas, improvements to your facility – and more!
Help your company get new business
1. MAP is always getting inquiries from companies, looking for specific manufacturing capabilities. Maybe someone is looking for you!
2. Only members get referrals.
3. MAP members buy from MAP members
Improve, expand or upgrade your workforce
MAP’s Employment & Training Specialists will help you:
1. Find new employees through our Permanent Placement / Recruiting Service (we advertise pre-screen and send you only the best). No more time & money wasted advertising, collecting resumes, screening, setting appointments, reviewing applications… “We screen out the knuckleheads!”
2. Connect you with government dollars to help train your employees. Up to $8,000 for each employee trained.
3. Find tax credits issued by the state, local and federal government for certain categories of employees. You may even be eligible for these now, but don’t know about it!
Help you navigate issues with government – local or state, federal
1. L & I inspections gone wrong – Trouble with tax bills – Permit issues – Problems with PECO or the Water Company – That pothole nobody will come out and fix – Crime & Security issues around your facility
2. We fight harmful legislation & ordinances on your behalf, both in your County and in Harrisburg.
3. Make good connections with your local political leadership.
Learn new and better ways of running your business
1. Attend our quarterly roundtables dealing with human resource and industrial safety issues; moderated by nationally known experts.
2. From the experts we’ve assembled; our Sponsors who can provide a wealth of help and support
3. By using our web site to:
- ? Find another manufacturer in the region through our online key word search feature
- Stay current on issues which may affect your business
Save Money by taking advantage of:
1. Energy upgrade program which provides all the upfront capital for your upgrades, paid back in your monthly energy bill over 3-5 yrs.
2. MAP’s Group energy buys electricity and gas across the regions manufacturing sector. MAP’s Group Energy has saved members over $4.5 million so far.
3. Our unique partnership with Drexel University Online gives you access to over 140 online degree programs and certificates. As a MAP member you will receive 10-40% new student tuition savings, no application fee and deferred billing options.